[Pce] RE: Comments on draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt

Young Lee <ylee@huawei.com> Fri, 11 May 2007 20:26 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:26:14 -0500
From: Young Lee <ylee@huawei.com>
To: 'Adrian Farrel' <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, 'JP Vasseur' <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Cc: pce@ietf.org
Subject: [Pce] RE: Comments on draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and rather intense discussions on various points.
Let me recapitulate all the discussion points here before the next version
would be updated.

(i) Applicability section
- The applicability section clearly and thoroughly states the detail
scenarios to which GCO can be applied, highlighting potential problems
associated with GCO application such as scalability, synchronization,
failure impact during re-optimization, etc.
- There shouldn't be, however, any assumptions that preclude GCO from the
applicability to specific networks or scenarios.

(2) "Real-time" lingo.
- We will delete "real-time" from the original statement at the minimum.
- Add some statement associated with an NMS based approach when a large
number of LSPs fails.

(3) Is PCC = NMS for GCO application?
- We can add "The PCE GCO application is primarily an NMS based solution" in
abstract/introduction.
- I don't believe we need to say that the PCC for GCO MUST be an NMS.

(4) "Green-field" issue
- Switch the order in Section 3 such that Re-optimization of an existing
network appears before "green-field" application.
- Rephrase to add:
	(i) "Green-field application is a special case when there is no LSP
setup. Once 	the LSPs are setup, it is not a green field."
	(ii) "The need for green-field application arises when network
planner will want 	to make use of computation servers to plan the LSPs
that will be provisioned 	in their network."

(5) "Sequential re-optimization ... will unlikely to produce substantial
improvements in overall network optimization except in very sparsely
utilized networks."
- We will rephrase the statement.

(6) Multi-Session Object
- We agreed that this will move this feature to the second phase.

(7) "Multi-step" rerouting
- We agreed that we will add the potential impact by this feature.

(8) Objective Function
- We are in sync 100%.

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regard,