[Pce] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-09: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com> Mon, 13 March 2017 18:39 UTC

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:39:39 -0700
Cc: pce@ietf.org, pce-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations@ietf.org
Subject: [Pce] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-09: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-09: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations/

COMMENT:

(1) The Speaker Entity Identifier concerns me a lot because of the
spoofing vector it introduces, and because I don't think the uniqueness
is strongly specified.  I understand that the risk of spoofing is limited
to the State Timeout Interval, but that is a long time:  at least 30 sec
by default!  It looks like the main use case is to avoid state
synchronization after an IP address change -- are there other?

(2) By making TCP-AO/TLS "RECOMMENDED", this document is not in line with
RFC5440, where only TCP-MD5 is mandatory.  I don't think the intent of
this document is to Update RFC5440, is it?  Also, why would the
recommendations for this extension be different than those in
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce (which doesn't go beyond what RFC5440
mentions)?  If you do keep the current recommendation, then
draft-ietf-pce-pceps should be a Normative reference.