Re: [Pce] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-pce-transporting-te-data-00.txt

Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com> Thu, 17 July 2014 18:04 UTC

From: Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com>
To: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>, Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>, Jeff Tantsura <jeff.tantsura@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:55:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.222.2.184]
Cc: "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>, Greg Bernstein <gregb@grotto-networking.com>, Zhenghaomian <zhenghaomian@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [Pce] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-pce-transporting-te-data-00.txt

Hi,
In my opinion the only advantage of BGP-LS vs. PCEP as a means of publishing of TE information is an ability to use reflectors to optimize the publishing said information onto more than one PCE. However, I can think of many alternatives to do such optimization in a BGP-free way. There are also disadvantages of BGP-LS vs.  PCEP, the biggest of which IMO is a lack of BGP deployment in transport networks.

Igor