Re: [PCN] regarding lc-pcn features and consensus

"Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl> Tue, 26 August 2008 15:26 UTC

From: Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
To: menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:26:07 +0200
Cc: pcn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PCN] regarding lc-pcn features and consensus
Sender: pcn-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Michael

Regarding the total load:
When affected marking encoding is used then:
Total load = PCN_marked rate + Affected marked rate

When affected marked is not used:
Total load = PCN_marked rate + unmarked rate.

Please also note that for the used experiments the standard random dropping
of packets
is used and not the preferential dropping of
unmarked packets.

Best regards,
Georgios