Re: [pcp] draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01

"Zhouqian (Cathy)" <cathy.zhou@huawei.com> Thu, 17 January 2013 07:48 UTC

From: "Zhouqian (Cathy)" <cathy.zhou@huawei.com>
To: "mohamed.boucadair@orange.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>, "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 07:48:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.77.118]
Subject: Re: [pcp] draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01

Dear Med,
Thanks for your reply.
In my understanding, the unsolicited ANNOUNCE message sent from the PCP server could be unicast or multicast. But if the PCP Proxy does not maintain a local cache for the mappings, the PCP proxy need to send the multicast unsolicited ANNOUNCE message to the PCP client. So my proposed modification to the last sentence is as below:
"If the PCP Proxy does not maintain a local cache for the mappings, unsolicited ANNOUNCE messages are relayed to PCP Clients using the multicast address."

Best Regards,
Cathy