Re: [pcp] PCP Failure Scenarios - Re: draft-wing-pcp-proposed-packet-format-00

Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net> Fri, 08 October 2010 05:58 UTC

From: Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net>
To: "mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com>, "Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr" <Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 01:51:27 -0400
user-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/13.6.0.100712
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] PCP Failure Scenarios - Re: draft-wing-pcp-proposed-packet-format-00

On 10/7/10 10:40 PM, "mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com"
<mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Please see inline.
>
> Cheers,
> Med

I disagree according to
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-framework/

"State:  "State" refers to dynamic information that is stored in a
      network element.  For example, if two systems are communicating
      using a TCP connection, each stores information about the
      connection, which is called "connection state".  In this context,
      the term refers to dynamic correlations between IP addresses on
      either side of a translator, or {IP address, transport protocol,
      transport port number} tuples on either side of the translator.
      Of stateful algorithms, there are at least two major flavors
      depending on the kind of state they maintain:"

PCP entries are clearly dynamic state created by protocol exchange and have
a lifetime.