Re: [pcp] OpCopdes (RE: draft-wing-pcp-base-01 posted)

Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net> Thu, 28 October 2010 16:32 UTC

From: Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net>
To: "mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com" <mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com>, "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:33:07 -0400
user-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/13.6.0.100712
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [pcp] OpCopdes (RE: draft-wing-pcp-base-01 posted)

Certainly. We also discussed that error codes should be set appropriately
even in the case the PCP Server gets 4 requests in your scenario. The
current "Unsupported Opcode" should be fine if it is a "fatal, never try it
again" type of error. Each client would try once and be done.

We need some other error that says

"Unsupported opcode in this domain"

Meaning the PCP server understands the opcode but can not fulfill such
requests when coming through this interface(s), zone, others. This is also a
"fatal, never try it again" type of error.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bpw-softwire-pcp-flow-examples-00#section-6.>>
2