Host Addressing Conventions [addr-conv 2.8]

Garrett.Wollman@uvm.edu Mon, 14 June 1993 20:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 16:18:43 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Garrett.Wollman@uvm.edu
Subject: Host Addressing Conventions [addr-conv 2.8]

I'm a bit concerned about the idea of ``LAN-based'' addresses.  I
thought one of the problems we were trying to solve was the
``multi-homed host problem''.  But unless I misunderstand something
here, it looks like it should be possible to replace all occurrences
of ``LAN'' with ``Area'' and have things still work.  (The
substitution of ``ESIS'' for ``ARP'' is left as an exercise for the
reader.)  Or perhaps when Paul wrote ``LAN'' he meant something akin
to what I mean by an ``Area''.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@emba.uvm.edu | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.