RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-ipki3cmp-08.txt

Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com> Tue, 26 May 1998 17:13 UTC

From: Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com>
To: ietf-pkix@imc.org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-ipki3cmp-08.txt
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 13:13:50 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-pkix@imc.org

Hi all,

For those that are curious, the PKIX-CMP draft has been updated to
accommodate a change that was necessary for its companion draft CRMF.  The
request message in CRMF was missing a way to carry an AlgId in one of the
choices for proof-of-possession syntax (the syntax was borrowed from CMP,
which didn't need to carry the AlgId because it explicitly used the one
specified in PKIHeader, but since CRMF does not necessarily have a PKIHeader
the extra AlgId needed to be included).

The syntax change is on p.26, where publicKeyMAC is now a PKMACValue
(instead of a BIT STRING), and PKMACValue (defined in CRMF) is a sequence of
AlgId and BIT STRING.

Carlisle Adams
Entrust Technologies
cadams@entrust.com