Background on Brandin's Rem

David Brandin <dbrandin@interop.com> Wed, 02 December 1992 06:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1992 22:12:48 -0800
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: David Brandin <dbrandin@interop.com>
Subject: Background on Brandin's Rem
To: POISED <poised@nri.reston.va.us>

                       Subject:                               Time:10:50 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Background on Brandin's Remarks        Date:12/1/92
Dear Distribution:

Apparently my comments have been both prepared and taken out of context and I
offer the following clarification which should be used when reading both my
original comments and my comments tonite to Frank:

First, I assumed that the draft clauses were final proposed bylaws and not a
starting point representing a carefully crafted consensus;
Second, the comments were completely unsolicited and gratuitous and were
offered only in the context of some old painful experiences;
Third, please don't take the observations as critical of either the author(s)
or the quality of the work-  which they ain't; and
Fourth, there is no underlying secret agenda or private political objective.

I remain a faithful apolitic Isoc Founding Member and thought I would point out
some potential minefields. After learning some of the compromises, I can
understand how this starting point was reached.
While my experiences haven't changed my observations I can see how this
compromise actually might set the best possible initial conditions for Isoc.
Good luck and Regards.

Dave Brandin