[ppsp] RE: 答复: 答复: review: draft-ietf-ppsp-reqs-01

"Y.J. GU" <guyingjie@huawei.com> Fri, 11 February 2011 07:07 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:09:56 +0800
From: "Y.J. GU" <guyingjie@huawei.com>
To: 'Ning Zong' <zongning@huawei.com>, 'Lars Eggert' <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
Cc: ppsp@ietf.org
Subject: [ppsp] RE: 答复: 答复: review: draft-ietf-ppsp-reqs-01

Sorry for chiming in. Here is some of my opinions on the comments and proposals.

[Gyj] I agree that peer can get peerlist from Tracker and other peers. But I am not very sure whether 'getting peerlist from other entity in bootstrapping stage' or 'non-tracker third party'is in the scope of PPSP. According to Section 4 in draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement, there are only two entities in PPSP architecture : Tracker and Peer. I agree that a peerlist can be gotten from non-tracker and non-peer entity, but that is not PPSP consideration. So, getting peerlist from either Tracker or peer is okay, other than those, I think, are out of the scope of PPSP.
I propose to revise the requirement as ' A peer can fetch the peer list of a swarm from
either tracker or other peers to know which peers have the required content '

> > Section 4.1.1., paragraph 0:
> >> 4.1.1.  Basic Requirements to PPSP Node
> >
> >  I think we're missing a high-level requirement that the tracker and
> >  peer protocols should be as similar as possible, in terms of design,
> >  message formats and flows, etc. Ideally, the peer protocol would be an
> >  extension to the tracker protocol that adds a few message types. We do
> >  NOT want two completely different protocols here.
> >
> > [ZN] You are right, and in the current design, the tracker and peer
> > protocols are similar. But do we need to make this as a formal
> requirement?
>
> Why not?
>
> [ZN] I am OK to make this a formal requirement. How about other
> contributors?

[Gyj] What Lars suggest is an ideal situation. And we should follow the requirement. But for now, I am not sure whether there are some messages in Peer Protocol that can not be extend by Tracker Protocol. I suggest we define this requirement as a 'SHOULD' item. Lars also suggest 'SHOULD'.

> > Section 4.1.1., paragraph 3:
> >>     The peer ID may be generated from IP address or SIP URI which
> >>   can distinguish this peer with the others.  But if IP address is used
> >>   as peer ID, the ID may be unstable as IP address may change while
> >>   peer moving.
> >
> >  Not sure if we need to discuss here what the options are for choosing
> >  peer IDs. If we want to do this, we need to really discuss all the
> >  options, some obvious ones are missing (e.g., large random value,
> >  etc.)
> >
> > [ZN] Option for choosing peer ID is still a open issue. IMO, consider the
> > case that IP address may change, unique peer IDs such as those used in
> > RELOAD are preferred in peer/swarm management level, while IP address is
> for
> > peer connection.
> > Other thoughts?
>
> I'd simply cut the text above then.
>
> [ZN]: I agree.

[Gyj] What the Requirement draft needs to decide is whether the Peer ID need to be unique in global or just in a swarm. I didn't go through the requirement draft words by words, but my memory is that we don't decide yet.