Re: [ppsp] 答复: 答复: review: draft-ietf-ppsp-reqs-01

"Xiao, Lin (NSN - CN/Beijing)" <lin.xiao@nsn.com> Mon, 14 February 2011 09:54 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:54:56 +0800
From: "Xiao, Lin (NSN - CN/Beijing)" <lin.xiao@nsn.com>
To: "ext Y.J. GU" <guyingjie@huawei.com>, Ning Zong <zongning@huawei.com>, Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
Cc: ppsp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ppsp] 答复: 答复: review: draft-ietf-ppsp-reqs-01

Thanks Lars for such a close review on the draft. It's really helpful for us to re-consider some issues and to refine the draft for the next version.
As the comments are very long, I just list my opinions simply as followed:

1. for the peerlist fetching, I think we have got the agreement that Peer can fetch the peer list of a swarm from either tracker or other peers, and the initial peerlist should be fetched from tracker.

2. Agree to add a new requirement to declare that the protocol design should keep same style for both Peer protocol and tracker protocol, in terms of message formats and flows,

3. It is agreed that the Peer ID is unique within a swarm. But considering the special situation that a peer may take part in multiple swarms, is it better to simply keep one ID for the peer among different swarms?

4.  For some issues from mobility consideration, I agree with Lars as I suggested in IETF 79 that, it's not necessary to make such a specific requirement to handle IP address changing. Any peer status change can be reflected in the periodically status report, including the battery status. The detailed items which status should be involved in the report should not be fully listed in the requirement draft.

5. for ALTO support, I agree with Ning that tracker can work as an ALTO client to refine the peer selection responding.

BR
Lin