Re: [ppsp] 答复: WG item adoption confirmation

"Yingjie Gu(yingjie)" <guyingjie@huawei.com> Sat, 09 April 2011 03:51 UTC

Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:56:19 +0800
From: "Yingjie Gu(yingjie)" <guyingjie@huawei.com>
To: "'Rahman, Akbar'" <Akbar.Rahman@InterDigital.com>, ppsp@ietf.org
Cc: 'Martin Stiemerling' <Martin.Stiemerling@neclab.eu>
Subject: Re: [ppsp] 答复: WG item adoption confirmation

Hi Akbar,

Thanks for your comments.

See inline please.

[gyj] This assumption is a legacy from previous version, I should remove it. After discussion on previous meetings and on mailing list, most voice from PPSP WG support text-based encoding. Hence, I move binary encoding to appendix, so that we could recover it if we encounter overwhelming support to binary encoding in IETF 80. Seems that people were okay with text-based encoding in IETF 80 and I will remove appendix in later version.

> 2) How are the Trackers discovered?  In section 4.2.1 (Bootstrapping) it simply

> says

>    that "Tracker discovery is out of scope of this specification".  I think we need

>    to be a bit more prescriptive then this.

[gyj] In draft-ietf-ppsp-reqs-02, section 4.2, it says “the tracker discovery and the possible communication
   between trackers are out of the scope of tracker protocol” . That’s why we make this description in Tracker protocol draft.

> 3) I think we need to have a separate "Security Considerations" section in the

> document

>    as is usually found in most drafts.  At the present time, there are security related

>    points spread throughout the document and I found it hard to deduce the overall

>    security approach.

[gyj] You are right, we need a dedicated “Security considerations”. This will be improved in later version.

> I am OK to adopt the draft as a WG document after my comments are addressed.

[gyj] Thanks for your comments and support.