[procon] Re: I-D Action: draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin-00.txt
Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@gmail.com> Mon, 06 July 2026 07:19 UTC
Return-Path: <jari.arkko@gmail.com>
X-Original-To: procon@mail2.ietf.org
Delivered-To: procon@mail2.ietf.org
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8DD9210FAC279 for <procon@mail2.ietf.org>; Mon, 6 Jul 2026 00:19:39 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1783322379; bh=ANZVeHDqsAq73ZDIosIUmv+ugEMrqDxeIwIMdHC9WiM=; h=Subject:From:In-Reply-To:Date:Cc:References:To; b=RMnJBlRD3b/0+RALFevsMxKSHk1rjh2gc5/WimdD57kr4+24upmC0FaMLSKEKgqRY i2jfEzBYTjcvCSss+L9ypUSBMxSkS+O8WWjFGjN4r4sg/RwG4T/q/edccmvltmxuGd ZXPh4E9CDYg1klFKxQ6QqSm8nfW0HmYCK01UhUGQ=
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at ietf.org
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.099
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.099 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: mail2.ietf.org (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com
Received: from mail2.ietf.org ([166.84.6.31]) by localhost (mail2.ietf.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id x0RtBtMRNJPK for <procon@mail2.ietf.org>; Mon, 6 Jul 2026 00:19:39 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mail-ed1-x52f.google.com (mail-ed1-x52f.google.com [IPv6:2a00:1450:4864:20::52f]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (128/128 bits) key-exchange X25519 server-signature ECDSA (P-256) server-digest SHA256) (No client certificate requested) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 1FCC310FAC262 for <procon@ietf.org>; Mon, 6 Jul 2026 00:19:39 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by mail-ed1-x52f.google.com with SMTP id 4fb4d7f45d1cf-698e5859a3cso4913462a12.0 for <procon@ietf.org>; Mon, 06 Jul 2026 00:19:39 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1783322378; x=1783927178; darn=ietf.org; h=to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc:date :in-reply-to:from:subject:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date :message-id:reply-to; bh=o8Q0S/nj6oTNr7fzgXgOiaHxWo6ah1Evn93z57tWmCU=; b=aegJo/I/+qoEatnM4rStd04osbRkLo3pNvm2WU2HpY8dooD4nKrH0i9sV8hTZqSTyA sY9Y4gtr07eKIW8QWm8EhDFwtTR2fk1vXHMh1zcY14MREi3iz5Tf/pquXHnJJDhzyEb9 45wS8zR6endCdckXVC/FMTjlA8QudL/dTUSDo7yuP88ObBgIKzbRk5xok28xxiDBpLyL bdhX4Xg1piSwX03KOw5op0TxpqTId6XRYLlSrQZTK/7dThi2LMWikPxJMrMeq7mukpyF sAs/f5419HN6eCr9uQdwdLzfcBYnq7zkTMDyo10inbwYxNbqCmtHaw7gEmiNgYyebo43 iFbg==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=1e100.net; s=20251104; t=1783322378; x=1783927178; h=to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc:date :in-reply-to:from:subject:mime-version:x-gm-gg:x-gm-message-state :from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to; bh=o8Q0S/nj6oTNr7fzgXgOiaHxWo6ah1Evn93z57tWmCU=; b=PIAX9uMW2qKGFLT5xx7yNP7DgmvrKYkZNGJA1tTOUg/rN01IPpYqsK7I43E/3+BP/d uxtJN++tu2TnWnCcPDIgbdZVnqtlLkozW3Vv0roGBXjQ5BF3vF6PE9BWQe+4dcH+aSzM cEBpyx9ubQIxNJDFi6irkFicOqDzORPjXrU7sJBGWu7lrmhxNtjJiLFMWdKp03Uuhbp4 BOhz7slIvURppPzB7Upg1wAkyKE8wYTkfOmLh7cqkcS1FYfcERm+1IPD2kq27DZH9LSg Ewz+OmZt8t4lC1qQ+4gwvNZcQOIK0RNsVIaww52FOSwvUk5dbBz8PE4d/F26uCtHvoMT iOKg==
X-Gm-Message-State: AOJu0YxoHZpzcQmgLMmXFS8d7oOtAocn0SmUMBpSc7eKMuJnhKZaJXcg yM6MHjMLYGAgJRQD1AT5YMYpu11W795Ikm8P1saQEw+uMKu8L9vH1jq3IvgPuARIpsY=
X-Gm-Gg: AfdE7cmHTU+UgPNXQeekOALKSyFrTKI/1p7AAXm3Qw2ZWpdTBy0X2HQ9YIheAfA9aW/ xk12zENQbMl0szaqVC401JyEeECHCeBowHhimINxQCDktYNMcqHim5Mm+qj9HUxEPnDrLY77wH/ i7y8JrdlnRzlDbH5JPjMXXE8gbpE9oDQNMquQ7DEFZcTnhFAkq2u8D2fTorxpFTuaUFFAkaPPgT 98M0oNxXC+Sttytt4ewsZYVCepUk7NAihClKO9+TG2+eJfO5hpvhLA2N0MFLESSBHsXoDEseuCK X7h2vX2fRbaEp8tlIhd7f/41pLobZLpA03yibu6hY6DXex4FCaLT0xWU3OakCQolhC/xusNMHV/ jZMiEEFJnWXkVQrZDE8adQEjFeaLuCkxKZBperFy9MZnXEm+9dSTojpFJ7cbCSnSRseJrojV5wl dwkJuNc7ACXc/MLzVhdQyoIi3Gsixo8QfCXqfF2nbpfQ==
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6402:13cd:b0:698:b6c8:70d1 with SMTP id 4fb4d7f45d1cf-69a1ab1d47dmr3184351a12.12.1783322377976; Mon, 06 Jul 2026 00:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from smtpclient.apple ([2a01:4f9:c01f:1c:b0d0:e98b:3d41:d2b5]) by smtp.gmail.com with ESMTPSA id 4fb4d7f45d1cf-69a19ce4588sm3608970a12.7.2026.07.06.00.19.36 (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Mon, 06 Jul 2026 00:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 16.0 \(3864.600.51.1.1\))
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <092c42e7-889f-4116-ba2e-262d739e09fd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2026 10:19:25 +0300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Message-Id: <E6E04E94-30C8-4586-8079-A4C4FC5C1623@gmail.com>
References: <178272313836.2116395.8276324713374342450@dt-datatracker-f9b87776f-8pmmg> <092c42e7-889f-4116-ba2e-262d739e09fd@gmail.com>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Lars Eggert <lars@eggert.org>
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.3864.600.51.1.1)
Message-ID-Hash: MUSODNO5W2W6SS5KWO5SGDO7APISZUAI
X-Message-ID-Hash: MUSODNO5W2W6SS5KWO5SGDO7APISZUAI
X-MailFrom: jari.arkko@gmail.com
X-Mailman-Rule-Misses: dmarc-mitigation; no-senders; approved; emergency; loop; banned-address; member-moderation; nonmember-moderation; administrivia; implicit-dest; max-recipients; max-size; news-moderation; no-subject; digests; suspicious-header
CC: procon@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 3.3.9rc6
Precedence: list
Subject: [procon] Re: I-D Action: draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin-00.txt
List-Id: "Discussion of consolidating process documents and changes to the standards process per IETF 121 ALLDISPATCH." <procon.ietf.org>
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/procon/D8-tYg1m031u7rZM4VrG7U-VVIo>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/procon>
List-Help: <mailto:procon-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Owner: <mailto:procon-owner@ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:procon@ietf.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:procon-join@ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:procon-leave@ietf.org>
I also like it, thanks for submitting these two drafts Lars. On minor tweaking, I liked Rob’s ”toning down” edits. And what about Mirja’s comment on whether the chair’s role in the IAB needs to be delegated? Jari > Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com> kirjoitti 30.6.2026 kello 6.42: > > I support this and I hope it can proceed ASAP. > > One very minor comment on section 2.2: s/designates/designates and announces/ > > Regards/Ngā mihi > Brian Carpenter > > On 29-Jun-26 20:52, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote: >> Internet-Draft draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin-00.txt is now available. >> Title: The IETF Chair Has an Emergency Stand-In >> Author: Lars Eggert >> Name: draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin-00.txt >> Pages: 4 >> Dates: 2026-06-29 >> Abstract: >> This document defines a succession of emergency stand-ins in case the >> IETF Chair becomes incapacitated. >> The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is: >> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin/ >> There is also an HTML version available at: >> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-eggert-procon-chair-standin-00.html >> Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at: >> rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts >> _______________________________________________ >> I-D-Announce mailing list -- i-d-announce@ietf.org >> To unsubscribe send an email to i-d-announce-leave@ietf.org > _______________________________________________ > procon mailing list -- procon@ietf.org > To unsubscribe send an email to procon-leave@ietf.org
- [procon] Re: I-D Action: draft-eggert-procon-chai… Brian E Carpenter
- [procon] Re: I-D Action: draft-eggert-procon-chai… Jari Arkko