Re: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5003 (3411)

Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com> Sun, 18 November 2012 06:10 UTC

From: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com>
To: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>, Luca Martini <lmartini@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 06:10:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.115.243.62]
Cc: "pwe3@ietf.org" <pwe3@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5003 (3411)

I agree with Luca that it is a nit,
and the existing text doesn't say that one MUST use the loopback address if not configured.

On the other hand the text is there to provide guidance,
and as such should help implementers that don't want to statically assign.

I think the proper classification is "Hold for Document Update", since that is how nits of this sort are usually handled.
Luca - note that that the guidelines say that this merely means that
"any future update of the document might consider this erratum, and determine whether it is correct and merits including in the update".

Y(J)S