Re: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5003 (3411)

Lizhong Jin<lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn> Mon, 19 November 2012 01:26 UTC

To: cpignata@cisco.com, rajiva@cisco.com, brian@innovationslab.net, chmetz@cisco.com, lmartini@cisco.com, florin.balus@alcatel-lucent.com, rdroms.ietf@gmail.com, sugimoto@nortel.com, andrew.g.malis@verizon.com
From: Lizhong Jin <lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:26:36 +0800
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5003 (3411)

Hi all,
There is an aggregation scheme for AII PW routing defined in
[draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw]. In a pure IPv6 network, the 32bit address
would LDP Router-id, and could not be aggregated. If we still use the
32bit number in an IPv6 network, there would be less or no aggregation for
AII type2 PW routing entries. I even doubt if the longest match for PW
routing table lookup is still needed in IPv6 network. This is also an
concern for draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw.

Thanks
Lizhong

<lmartini@cisco.com>,
<sugimoto@nortel.com>,