RE: I-D ACTION:draft-malis-pwe3-cell-transport-00.txt

"Proch, Daniel" <Daniel.Proch@marconi.com> Thu, 24 October 2002 16:05 UTC

From: "Proch, Daniel" <Daniel.Proch@marconi.com>
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-malis-pwe3-cell-transport-00.txt
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:05:45 -0400
Sender: pwe3-admin@ietf.org
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
To: "'neil.2.harrison@bt.com'" <neil.2.harrison@bt.com>, Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com, Andy.Malis@vivacenetworks.com, "Rutemiller, John" <John.Rutemiller@marconi.com>

Neil, Andy,

John and I put together some text with suggested modes to provide OAM for
port mode.  As you note, one suggestion was Defect Indication using Loss of
Cell Delineation (LCD).  Another was using Physical Layer OAM cells to
provide an additional F3 transmission path layer above the F3 transmission
path layer provided by SONET/SDH, or PDH interfaces.  This text is included
in an MPLSForum doc regarding ATM port mode, but not in
draft-malis-pwe3-cell-transport-00.txt.

dan