RE: I-D ACTION:draft-malis-pwe3-cell-transport-00.txt

"Andrew G. Malis" <Andy.Malis@VivaceNetworks.com> Tue, 22 October 2002 16:26 UTC

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <Andy.Malis@VivaceNetworks.com>
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-malis-pwe3-cell-transport-00.txt
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:26:26 -0400
Sender: pwe3-admin@ietf.org
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
To: Shahram Davari <Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com>

Shahram,

The point of this draft is that the transparent cell transport appendix
(aka port mode) is being removed from the combined ATM encapsulation draft,
so this is to capture that text in a separate draft, which is especially
important since there are multiple interoperating implementations.

We've previously discussed the OAM implications at length, which resulted
in text that was also in the Martini ATM encapsulation appendix.  However,
Neil sent an email over the summer saying that he was still unhappy with
that OAM text, so for now there really isn't any consensus OAM text to include.

If you're willing to propose some text, I'll be happy to include it once we
get consensus on the list.

Thanks,
Andy

---------