RE: Issue 226: RFC 3576bis and Renumbering

"David B. Nelson" <d.b.nelson@comcast.net> Wed, 30 May 2007 12:59 UTC

From: "David B. Nelson" <d.b.nelson@comcast.net>
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Issue 226: RFC 3576bis and Renumbering
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:59:32 -0400

Amending my last post...

> Secret sauce?  That is a very valid question, to which I'm
> sure there is an answer.  I'm equally sure that it hasn't been
> provided in this thread.  :-)

Actually, I take that back.  One possible answer has been mentioned briefly
in this thread, Glen's "logoff" draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zorn-radius-logoff-09.txt
which allows a NAS to send messages to the RADIUS Server, and a co-located
Dynamic Authorization Client, indicating the beginning and end of sessions.
We have not discussed this draft in RADEXT because it relies on new RADIUS
command codes, which are currently out of scope.