Re: [radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11

Leaf yeh <leaf.y.yeh@huawei.com> Tue, 14 August 2012 07:41 UTC

From: Leaf yeh <leaf.y.yeh@huawei.com>
To: jouni korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:36:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.83.152]
Cc: "Benoit Claise (bclaise)" <bclaise@cisco.com>, "radext@ietf.org" <radext@ietf.org>, "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <wdec@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11

Jouni - There is definitely no harm including those all (well, expect packet size).

Understood.

I am trying to find more text in the RFCs associated with RADIUS for your reference.

a. Section 5.44 of RFC2865

<quote>
   Request   Accept   Reject   Challenge   #    Attribute
   0         0+       0        0           22   Framed-Route
</quote>

b. Section 5.13 of RFC2866

<quote>
   The following table provides a guide to which attributes may be found
   in Accounting-Request packets.  No attributes should be found in
   Accounting-Response packets except Proxy-State and possibly Vendor-
   Specific.
#     Attribute
0+    Framed-Route
</quote>

c. Section 5.19 of RFC2869

<quote>
   Acct-Input-Gigawords, Acct-Output-
   Gigawords, Event-Timestamp, and NAS-Port-Id may have 0-1 instances in
   an Accounting-Request packet ... The other attributes added in this
   document must not be present in an Accounting-Request.

Request  Accept  Reject  Challenge   #    Attribute
0        0-1     0       0           88   Framed-Pool

d. section 3 of RFC3162

<quote>
   Request Accept Reject Challenge Accounting  #  Attribute
                                   Request
   0       0+     0      0         0+         99  Framed-IPv6-Route
   0       0-1    0      0         0-1       100  Framed-IPv6-Pool
</quote>

I don't really understand why Framed-Route (22) and Framed-IPv6-Route (99) could be included in Accounting-Request before. The above text shows Framed-Route (22) and Framed-IPv6-Route (99) can't be included into Access-Request.

Best Regards,
Leaf