RE: Review of draft-nelson-radius-management-authorization-05.txt

"David B. Nelson" <dnelson@elbrysnetworks.com> Thu, 16 August 2007 11:40 UTC

From: "David B. Nelson" <dnelson@elbrysnetworks.com>
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Review of draft-nelson-radius-management-authorization-05.txt
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:40:32 -0400

Stefan Winter writes...

> Is there a specific reason for not enumerating "Telnet" as one
> of the Framed-Management-Protocol values?

A loose definition of "framed management" is anything that is not CLI-based.
Since Telnet is used, exclusively to my knowledge, to provide remote
terminal emulation access to the CLI of the NAS, it is not considered a
framed management protocol.  That's why it was omitted.  Rlogin falls into
that same category.

Of course, I would hope that the WG members would provide just this sort of
comment during review of the draft prior to WGLC, so that we can include
enumerated values covering the complete range of NAS management options.