[Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.txt
Thomas Fossati <thomas.fossati@linaro.org> Mon, 18 May 2026 16:27 UTC
Return-Path: <thomas.fossati@linaro.org>
X-Original-To: rats@mail2.ietf.org
Delivered-To: rats@mail2.ietf.org
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id C7D08F033B47 for <rats@mail2.ietf.org>; Mon, 18 May 2026 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1779121652; bh=LcAWWZhWqX9UYFbgmUv/nvZ+suXotc8tgIp3ADIznYI=; h=References:In-Reply-To:From:Date:Subject:To:Cc; b=N/g1JDHYjIfSDyNHz7/LPez04fskxJOwJiBwu6A/O2SijDZoACO8cU81ingvoUcoz nGm3y6kMIhQTA8xtDYmzQ+DnMJQmfri0DZGnR24GAX1e+j1kMIUF8zdwqhdDYIEO6q n+SlOu04IeXIKBj0fgPrGXAJx7BV7o5Q/4dKR9/I=
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at ietf.org
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.1
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.1 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: mail2.ietf.org (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=linaro.org
Received: from mail2.ietf.org ([166.84.6.31]) by localhost (mail2.ietf.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id EwD2Pledxn-k for <rats@mail2.ietf.org>; Mon, 18 May 2026 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mail-lj1-x22e.google.com (mail-lj1-x22e.google.com [IPv6:2a00:1450:4864:20::22e]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (128/128 bits) key-exchange X25519 server-signature ECDSA (P-256) server-digest SHA256) (No client certificate requested) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 5E7D1F033B42 for <rats@ietf.org>; Mon, 18 May 2026 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by mail-lj1-x22e.google.com with SMTP id 38308e7fff4ca-39397d63804so33077411fa.2 for <rats@ietf.org>; Mon, 18 May 2026 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1779121651; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20240605; b=fnZc54PAvR9NssXiBxZaD0o3fwkV2oBA8RYXPNFgm5GopZ+GbubNqB00HkTZUDiCRM X2bBpQSef1IN5Td1vfyJUf6bREnxrRwEbaebBdnHx7gH97vRZD2MrRXvowLkUGX1zHnJ r4EjZFMGR4rmd3N4IVkpNEs9hFABO7e28D9w7sPS9fCYSxfzEXloSv9yLTNwkabMTXmw BX6nnctI/t/NeNAP8D6zt+msnWrzIgiuMvHTsqgLyEAEKH59hMnUcvNnltPUbz3ysCOu tyTEprn4eAlhIw4DmuqTpZ9hhlallI0fYzbg4NxURkNyxpD00pjtlpSd8lRlpgrLnwou tjYw==
ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20240605; h=content-transfer-encoding:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from :in-reply-to:references:mime-version:dkim-signature; bh=KZcaFUzco5nkF8rUQFN+hKLmLGEgh8Lqfm8hNhFT4xo=; fh=HYQ3vCV9qWK1g4dU7EUhP9KLQCgX36R7hYy+IqYLdiQ=; b=GKj4ZORcfz3lF1COBVYxqHu0wynock3PIchMUJx5UQr8Qqlso2cAclHTAFQDaENbR5 HrynEIpJictBQgtAUHPN6GYSTqk8FQH1ismMkgH+V9PHC5fgwgPzkst1kYp5fqjQkerA O7ov40OosGH9ZGSDu4nrHrktFEyAPtdJb9tDk2CTByyBJigv+v7/uZoUslT1mTSLR0tV LCyfCwmiOjZCMtZHHpTnBfWRUVASqpReC4asVtHJvXY7EFbcF412E8kbeATLe1PXiVvC L04wuE/p4rBT9UFFqSXxZdCduep6rxrztCpo7VSm0WpQ7AVy3jzGrEXwv/Ni8RTr0jwL e06w==; darn=ietf.org
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=linaro.org; s=google; t=1779121651; x=1779726451; darn=ietf.org; h=content-transfer-encoding:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from :in-reply-to:references:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date :message-id:reply-to; bh=KZcaFUzco5nkF8rUQFN+hKLmLGEgh8Lqfm8hNhFT4xo=; b=gOEwGExn2KMz9PiQLk31VS7GuEvyrKNRP3vx48ZBsUow/UgplkIN1dbCGrIfe9DaCU 74bRVaUPQ0sAW6KI7SwsmZtAZKCqlLk9tT110dUfFr8IR8IM/pprmhyBbFZO9+LFrirJ UP31tgMgeeTMhY25jeWsKsAARy2PKmmWbJW1UJjmNRR/SA6KD07kvNeWa5VvfDfcZd/4 j+MnHXB36JV6iLPi46A/BBplLnca70P4KiPxjGRhaN2+QRjxhroIIjMN033G+RR/WUb3 Tdj18Xx13PGGZQoTlETOjbbK0RC7qWuf3Ug+AKDp2DLck24MtAVSVG/+nhjSGvCExtvZ fDmQ==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=1e100.net; s=20251104; t=1779121651; x=1779726451; h=content-transfer-encoding:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from :in-reply-to:references:mime-version:x-gm-gg:x-gm-message-state:from :to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to; bh=KZcaFUzco5nkF8rUQFN+hKLmLGEgh8Lqfm8hNhFT4xo=; b=DmwHjSJNUvoB9R6nD/fysb0EaIRExHN9/++MQqZpeJJ03GVgFT+8RCKqk5gvLq9TJt 1i1PaPEpJgAAAbPNHWaIk+guQGqcTRR644ekHMNWTgqPc788+59F21fZYMXHOIWqUs28 w09LAMuU9WJLRNWanAMVSvqrzzqXhLqof3P9ZCQcYFNVMqYOu2avXZl7xL0V4PU7RpdZ /4iNKdSokPrsj7KMTkm01X7jCZ8mTDcfqDW7eynCTvHrwzrwA4RpaPReL0UIRczq0Wbg YKIuNaAnc5Of7ZtBDGI8ryRbqlVao6L70uGcIhYu0+O/9h2LNAp9vkhsS0iT7/A2sNFr MTdw==
X-Gm-Message-State: AOJu0YwA5+ypxc1wV0A+zTTJ/Sw/OsVEEOn6n/7DLFXgnU+q8B4OcycQ CnNDHFKDUfSux9fwMqg4dfmqN7MXteq2zK2hGQL78Q2P30sSVlh6v57QCh0hQZhuqAcRDIXpLTK h0gnNE0oHsjGveSaCgHAy4Qe+pqgeByy+ms0Aah0kIw==
X-Gm-Gg: Acq92OGKs63BK5tYHV062z/nGkvykpScHQriaFy68RaE4l3DHRiStfieVzA7429L2/p PXnZY+PulJGXfBw2dNL67XRZBWtBzwxK6TVNeRm5XnUku4nwGFghVjGYUXcABov1K8TZYL+J+Ld ImP/so/rEf7QUigREopyEHnwxP3BxV+y49wex756ZtZZRjGEokHBQtN/4w/Ek/6VHai4hZtzw7o zTKTTZMWAN3UhDGP2U/WlyHthDIv1ghfwqol/GZXTPF/frQZd2r2z10rSBn5+gWxCrUeo5nzXH1 TMv4E2STfzE4Uhrd8HKFlvgeIyFYwCnWLXe3qqIV0B5OW7DkXlwlf5bn7cFbx6v/506R35k8iYm mXUtfvmUcnLAc5814GOpiukGY7tsJG4VoM/iO5htCLNps2pZBJkJsq7KtZGZrnrc7ptKVF48hvB 81pqXe+PM=
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6512:220e:b0:5a4:1add:c574 with SMTP id 2adb3069b0e04-5aa0e601215mr5085712e87.5.1779121650988; Mon, 18 May 2026 09:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
References: <177911339250.558415.12337515996487766373@dt-datatracker-7688897f84-l74h4> <SA1PR12MB88410FADBF559A494785D3738A032@SA1PR12MB8841.namprd12.prod.outlook.com> <CA+1=6yfOqdf5jxo9kkK51P3U8sNB28Yk1_e_tdVQAC=nu+Qk7w@mail.gmail.com> <SA1PR12MB884142B5D1FF9B668A6BF1A08A032@SA1PR12MB8841.namprd12.prod.outlook.com>
In-Reply-To: <SA1PR12MB884142B5D1FF9B668A6BF1A08A032@SA1PR12MB8841.namprd12.prod.outlook.com>
From: Thomas Fossati <thomas.fossati@linaro.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2026 18:27:14 +0200
X-Gm-Features: AVHnY4JMrUZH6l_SQll4GTvsY_NnF98CGyJbtxzOEVqzK9YPZDxYLbqtIeDF3io
Message-ID: <CA+1=6yctU4GPCc7-F90pD3ePmjYnuM22Z0hbkOYBgx2+4U6gfw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Mandyam, Giridhar" <Giridhar.Mandyam@amd.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Message-ID-Hash: 2JOZSID66Z5CFMUVFYMBV7LCGJSL36ZR
X-Message-ID-Hash: 2JOZSID66Z5CFMUVFYMBV7LCGJSL36ZR
X-MailFrom: thomas.fossati@linaro.org
X-Mailman-Rule-Misses: dmarc-mitigation; no-senders; approved; emergency; loop; banned-address; member-moderation; header-match-rats.ietf.org-0; nonmember-moderation; administrivia; implicit-dest; max-recipients; max-size; news-moderation; no-subject; digests; suspicious-header
CC: "rats@ietf.org" <rats@ietf.org>
X-Mailman-Version: 3.3.9rc6
Precedence: list
Subject: [Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.txt
List-Id: Remote ATtestation procedureS <rats.ietf.org>
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rats/zNL2R4PHIQCBfJcXoZSxFc7aeCc>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/rats>
List-Help: <mailto:rats-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Owner: <mailto:rats-owner@ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:rats@ietf.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:rats-join@ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:rats-leave@ietf.org>
On Mon, 18 May 2026 at 17:54, Mandyam, Giridhar <Giridhar.Mandyam@amd.com> wrote: > > AMD General > > > Nothing major, but it's a feature that some EAR users (Confidential Containers/Trustee) plan to use when merging trustworthiness vectors from chained policies. > > Thanks for responding. I hope these EAR users are not using AR4SI for SEV-SNP trustworthiness assessment, because as I mentioned in my last review of the document (https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/draft-ietf-rats-ar4si/issues/42) this document makes an assertion on mandatory identity requirements (Table 1) that are not considered mandatory in SNP, and do not result in any compromise of the confidential compute guarantees offered by an SNP-enabled platform if the identifier is not present. They support SNP, but, as far as I am aware, they do not use the secure interaction model of AR4SI. They only reuse the semantics of the trustworthiness vector. So, they simply disregard any identity requirements imposed by the AR4SI secure interaction model. That said, you should probably check my non-authoritative assertions with them directly :-) cheers, t
- [Rats] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.txt internet-drafts
- [Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.t… Mandyam, Giridhar
- [Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.t… Thomas Fossati
- [Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.t… Mandyam, Giridhar
- [Rats] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-ar4si-10.t… Thomas Fossati