RE: [rddp] Connection Startup

"Talpey, Thomas" <Thomas.Talpey@netapp.com> Sat, 04 October 2003 01:49 UTC

Subject: RE: [rddp] Connection Startup
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:47:15 -0700
From: "Talpey, Thomas" <Thomas.Talpey@netapp.com>
To: Jim Pinkerton <jpink@windows.microsoft.com>
Cc: rddp@ietf.org
Sender: rddp-admin@ietf.org

A draft is only a proposal :-) Seriously, I can see NFS/RDMA going either
way, though you are correct the negotiation as proposed negotiates and
does not, in fact, require private data. I do not believe NFS/RDMA is yet
ready to say it never will. The DAFS protocol does use it.

I believe the presence of optional private data is a good thing, will increase
the applicability of DDP/RDMAP, and should be supported. I would like to
see it supported when connecting over SCTP as well, in fact.

Tom.