RE: [rddp] Connection Startup

"Jim Pinkerton" <jpink@windows.microsoft.com> Sat, 04 October 2003 01:27 UTC

Subject: RE: [rddp] Connection Startup
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:25:36 -0700
From: Jim Pinkerton <jpink@windows.microsoft.com>
To: Caitlin Bestler <cait@asomi.com>
Cc: rddp@ietf.org, David Black <Black_David@emc.com>
Sender: rddp-admin@ietf.org

One technical clarification on a comment below. You state:

> Both DAFS and NFS over iWarp match the private data
> approach. iSER is the only protocol proposed which negotiates in
> streaming mode and then shifts to RDMA mode.

I'm still coming up to speed on the NFS proposal, but it looks like it
negotiates in streaming mode, and upgrades the connection into RDMA
Mode. See section 2.5.3 in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-talpey-nfsv4-rdma-sess-00.txt.

I know at least a one of the NFS over RDMA authors monitors this alias -
is the above statement correct?

Jim