[Recentattendees] Registration Open for IETF 119 Brisbane, 16-22 March 2024

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Thu, 07 December 2023 16:27 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: recentattendees@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 08:27:20 -0800
Subject: [Recentattendees] Registration Open for IETF 119 Brisbane, 16-22 March 2024

IETF 119 Brisbane
16-22 March 2024
(Host to be announced)

I am pleased to announce that registration is now open for IETF 119 Brisbane:

    https://registration.ietf.org

You must have an IETF Datatracker account to both register and participate in this meeting. You can create one now [1] or during the registration process.

IETF 119 Brisbane will be a 7-day meeting on 16-22 March. Preliminary agenda details for the meeting will be published on 16 February. Full details about the meeting are available at:

    https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/119/

# IMPORTANT changes for onsite participants

1.  The IESG is continuing to experiment with a full day of sessions on Friday, with a likely finish of 17:00.

2.  The registration desk will now open on Saturday morning for all participants to collect their badge and t-shirt.  There will no longer be a Hackathon-specific registration desk, badge or t-shirt.  Please register for the Hackathon only if you genuinely intend to participate, as we rely on accurate numbers for our planning purposes.

3.  Onsite participants must now select their t-shirt size during registration and those who register prior to 23 February 2024 will have their t-shirt ready onsite. Those who register later may need to accept a different size or have their t-shirt delivered after the meeting.

# Registration options (all prices in USD)

== SUPER EARLY ==  (available before 30 January 2024)
Onsite
    Week Pass:  $875
    One-day Pass:  $470
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $150
Remote
    Week Pass:  $250
    One-day Pass:  $140
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $55

== EARLY ==  (available before 5 March 2024)
Onsite
    Week Pass:  $1095
    One-day Pass:  $590
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $150
Remote
    Week Pass:  $310
    One-day Pass:  $170
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $55

== STANDARD ==  (available at any time)
Onsite
    Week Pass:  $1200
    One-day Pass:  $645
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $150
Remote
    Week Pass:  $360
    One-day Pass:  $200
    Full-time Student Week Pass:  $55

Please note:
All dates are in UTC, all prices are in USD
Payment must be made in full by the listed date to take advantage of Super Early or Early pricing.
Due to the complexity of Australian GST rules we have applied for exemption and are not adding it to these prices.
It is still possible to register solely for the Hackathon at no charge.

# Remote participation fee waivers

We understand that not everyone can afford the remote registration fee and so we make an unlimited number of remote participation fee waivers. This operates on a trust basis with no checks on eligibility, and the list of fee waiver recipients is kept confidential. If you wish to participate remotely but cannot afford the registration fee then please take the fee waiver option:

   https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/registration-fee-waivers/

# Registration changes and cancellation

If you register for onsite participation and wish to change to an online registration then you can cancel with a full refund and re-register. If you wish to cancel your registration for any other reason please contact us at support@ietf.org. Please request any cancellations and refunds by contacting us at support@ietf.org before 12 March 2024 UTC.

# Meeting venue and hotel reservations

The meeting venue is the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) and the main IETF hotel is the Rydges South Bank Brisbane, which is directly next door. Regardless of where you choose to make a hotel reservation, the IETF encourages you to book early for IETF 119. There are other large events happening over our dates that will affect guest room availability.

There are several hotels in the vicinity of the BCEC. Further details can be found on the IETF 119 Meeting Venue and Hotel page [4].

# Visas

Our thanks go to APNIC for generously providing our IETF 119 letter of invitation (LOI). If you need a visa to travel to Australia, you can request a LOI from your attendee dashboard. If you have issues regarding your LOI, please contact us directly at support@ietf.org.

# COVID management

Vaccinations and masks are not required for onsite participation but we recommend that you follow the local public health advice [5] as appropriate for your personal circumstances. Masks and COVID tests will be provided for free throughout the meeting.

# Childcare

We offer onsite childcare free to participants for children ages 0-12 from Saturday, 16 March through Friday, 22 March during the meeting day. More information and details about how to sign up will be available via your attendee dashboard. If you have any questions then please contact us at support@ietf.org.

Jay

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/
[2] https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/119-hackathon/
[3] https://registration.ietf.org/119/attendee-dashboard/