[Recentattendees] IETF 119 Super Early Registration Deadline & Important Travel Visa Information

IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org> Tue, 16 January 2024 21:32 UTC

From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org>
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org, recentattendees@ietf.org, 119all@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:32:13 -0800
Subject: [Recentattendees] IETF 119 Super Early Registration Deadline & Important Travel Visa Information

IETF 119 Brisbane
16-22 March 2024

# Visas and ETAs

Please note that in order to enter Australia, you will be required to have a valid passport and either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Additional information can be found by visiting the Australian Government Foreign Affairs Website, linked below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601

Follow the step-by-step guide for information on how to obtain your ETA. Processing times for ETA is typically less than 24 hours. Please note that if you are unable to use the ETA application you will be required to submit your details via https://online.immi.gov.au/. This method has a median wait time of 16 days. If you require a visa and need additional information such as a local contact, please email support@ietf.org for further assistance.

# LOIs

Our thanks go to APNIC for generously providing our IETF 119 letter of invitation (LOI). If you need a visa to travel to Australia, you can request a LOI from your attendee dashboard. If you have issues regarding your LOI, please contact us directly at support@ietf.org.

# Registration

The Super Early deadline for registration is coming up on Monday, January 29th, 2024, UTC 23:59. Be sure to register before the deadline passes and fees increase. Register online at: https://registration.ietf.org/119/

Onsite:

    A. Super Early Registration: USD 875, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-01-29
    B. Early Registration: USD 1095 if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-03-04
    C. Standard Registration: USD 1200 if paid after 23:59 UTC 2024-03-04
    D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 150 (with proper ID)
    E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 470 if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-01-29
    F. Hackathon only: No Fee
Remote:

  A. Super Early Registration: USD 250, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-01-29
    B. Early Registration: USD 310 if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-03-04
    C. Standard Registration: USD 360 if paid after 23:59 UTC 2024-03-04
    D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 55 (with proper ID)
    E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 140 if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2024-01-29
    F. Hackathon only: No Fee

# IMPORTANT Reminders of changes for onsite participants

1.  The IESG is continuing to experiment with a full day of sessions on Friday, with a likely finish of 17:00.

2.  The registration desk will now open on Saturday morning for all participants to collect their badge and t-shirt. There will no longer be a Hackathon-specific registration desk, badge or t-shirt. Please register for the Hackathon only if you genuinely intend to participate, as we rely on accurate numbers for our planning purposes.

3.  Onsite participants must now select their t-shirt size during registration and those who register prior to 23 February 2024 will have their t-shirt ready onsite. Those who register later may need to accept a different size or have their t-shirt delivered after the meeting.

# Remote participation fee waivers

We understand that not everyone can afford the remote registration fee and so we make an unlimited number of remote participation fee waivers. This operates on a trust basis with no checks on eligibility, and the list of fee waiver recipients is kept confidential. If you wish to participate remotely but cannot afford the registration fee then please take the fee waiver option:

   https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/registration-fee-waivers/

# Meeting venue and hotel reservations

The meeting venue is the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) and the main IETF hotel is the Rydges South Bank Brisbane, which is directly next door. Regardless of where you choose to make a hotel reservation, the IETF encourages you to book early for IETF 119. There are other large events happening over our dates that will affect guest room availability.

There are several hotels in the vicinity of the BCEC. Further details can be found on the IETF 119 Meeting Venue and Hotel page found below.
 https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/119/hotel/

# Childcare

We offer onsite childcare free to participants for children ages 0-12 from Saturday, 16 March through Friday, 22 March during the meeting day. More information and details about how to sign up will be available via your attendee dashboard soon. If you have any questions then please contact us at support@ietf.org.