[Recentattendees] Registration Open for IETF 117 San Francisco, 22-28 July 2023

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Thu, 04 May 2023 16:03 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org, recentattendees@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 09:03:41 -0700
Subject: [Recentattendees] Registration Open for IETF 117 San Francisco, 22-28 July 2023

IETF 117 San Francisco
22-28 July 2023
Hosted by: Nokia

I am pleased to announce that registration is now open for the IETF 117 San Francisco meeting hosted by Nokia and the next IETF Hackathon:

    https://registration.ietf.org

You will need an IETF Datatracker account to register and participate in IETF 117 San Francisco or the IETF Hackathon. If you don’t already have one, you can create an account before [1] or during the registration process. Your Datatracker account is used to authenticate you with Meetecho, our participation tool used by both remote and onsite participants during the meeting.

IETF 117 San Francisco will be a 7-day hybrid meeting on 22-28 July. Agenda details for the meeting will be published on 23 June. The IETF Hackathon [2] will be held 22-23 July. Full details about the meeting are available at:

    https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/117/

Our detailed FAQ aims to answer common questions about travel, registrations, hotel bookings, and the mechanics of onsite participation:

    https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/117/faq/

# Registration options

Onsite:

    A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 875, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2023-06-05
    B. Standard Registration: USD 1095, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2023-07-10
    C. Late Registration: USD 1200, if paid after 23:59 UTC 2023-07-10
    D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 150 (with proper ID)
    E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 470
    F. Hackathon only: No Fee

Remote:

    A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 250, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2023-06-05
    B. Standard Registration: USD 310, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2023-07-10
    C. Late Registration: USD 360 if paid after 23:59 UTC 2023-07-10
    D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 55 (with proper ID)
    E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 140
    F. Hackathon only: No Fee
    G. Fee Waiver: No Fee (see below for more details)

Please see the registration system for details of payments.

# Remote participation fee waivers

We understand that not everyone can afford the remote registration fee and so we make an unlimited number of fee waivers available to remote participants. This operates on a trust basis with no checks on eligibility, and the list of fee waiver recipients is kept confidential. If you wish to participate remotely but cannot afford the registration fee then please take the fee waiver option:

   https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/registration-fee-waivers/

# Registration changes and cancellation

If you register for onsite participation and wish to change to an online registration then you can cancel with a full refund and re-register. If you wish to cancel your registration for any other reason please contact the Secretariat at support@ietf.org. Please request any cancellations and refunds by contacting the Secretariat at support@ietf.org before the cutoff time of UTC 23:59 2023-07-17.

# Meeting venue

The meeting venue is the Hilton San Francisco Union Square [3].

Once you have registered, a hotel information link will be available in your confirmation email and on your attendee dashboard [4]. The attendee dashboard link is also provided in your confirmation email. Staying at the main conference hotel has a number of benefits, including free unfiltered high-speed Internet provided by the IETF NOC, a specially negotiated room rate and of course being in the same hotel as many other IETF participants. There are numerous other options for hotel reservations in the general area of the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.

    https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/117/hotel/

# Visas

If you need a visa to travel to the United States, the appropriate letter of invitation will be available on your attendee dashboard [4] after you complete registration. If you have questions regarding visas, please contact the IETF Secretariat at support@ietf.org.

# Safety

San Francisco is a great city to explore, but, as with all cities, it has issues with street crime and you should be aware of your personal safety and possessions at all times. We recommend that you remove your meeting badge outside of the venue.

In some areas of the city, including around the meeting venue, there are large numbers of unhoused people on the streets, which some may find intimidating.  When deciding where to stay we recommend that you consider the neighborhood and walking paths to the venue. If you have specific questions then please reach out to the IETF Secretariat at support@ietf.org.

# COVID management

Vaccinations and masks are no longer required for onsite participation but we recommend that you read the local public health advice [5] and follow that as appropriate for your personal circumstances. Masks and COVID tests will be provided for free throughout the meeting. If you test positive for COVID then we will ask you to stay away from the venue for five days [6].

# Social Event

Thanks to the generosity of Global Host Nokia, we will have a wonderful social event on Tuesday, 25 July. More details to follow shortly.

# Childcare

We offer onsite childcare free to participants for children ages 0-12 from Saturday, 22 July through Friday, 28 July during the meeting day. More information and details about how to register this will be available soon. If you have any questions then please contact us at support@ietf.org.

# Complimentary meeting T-shirts for remote participants are discontinued

The cost of providing complimentary meeting t-shirts to remote participants has become prohibitively high and as a result we are no longer offering them as part of remote registration. We are in the process of establishing an online store where participants will be able to purchase meeting t-shirts.

Jay

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/
[2] https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/117-hackathon/
[3]