Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-nv-mapping-00.txt

"Marc Blanchet" <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Thu, 27 October 2016 15:23 UTC

From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: regext@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 11:22:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-nv-mapping-00.txt

I have a problem with how this document is presented. A reading seems to
indicate that the protocol itself has nothing to do with the specific
country cited or the language used in that country, which I think is
good: it is a generic specification. Moreover, I see a statement saying
that this document conforms to the requirements of the country, while
there is no reference to those requirements. Therefore, one can not
verify or later, verify that this conformance is still appropriate, if
the requirements were changed by that country.  If this is the case,
then, in my opinion, the title, the abstract and the introduction should
be silent about the country. That way this specification can also be
used elsewhere and will be more inviting for people to look.

Marc.