[rfc-i] Should figures float?

jhildebr at cisco.com (Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)) Fri, 11 July 2014 05:16 UTC

From: "jhildebr at cisco.com"
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:16:04 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] Should figures float?

On 7/11/14, 7:07 AM, "Ted Lemon" <mellon at fugue.com> wrote:

>On Jul 10, 2014, at 9:29 PM, Brian E Carpenter
><brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For v3, are we going to allow for processors that are capable of
>> floating a figure? That would be a new attribute for <figure>
>> along the lines of float="true" or "false".
>
>I think that would be useful, although I'm sure it will excite loud cries
>of woe and rending of garments.   Only useful in paginated documents, of
>course.

(Sigh.  I know you're trolling, but I can't help responding.  Any chance
we could all refrain from being intentionally inflammatory?  This problem
is hard enough to discuss already.)

float=right is sometimes useful in non-paginated output.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_float

--
Joe Hildebrand