[rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-brownlee-svg-rfc-00.txt

brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com (Brian E Carpenter) Mon, 03 February 2014 22:53 UTC

From: "brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com"
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:53:02 +1300
Subject: [rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-brownlee-svg-rfc-00.txt

Hi,

I have sympathy with the intention, but I can see a big
practical issue with "How to create SVG drawings".

I played for a few minutes with LibreOffice Drawing,
which can export to SVG format. There seem to be
some issues in the conversion process, but more
seriously it's really very hard (well, impossible)
to determine what on the screen will generate allowed
or disallowed SVG 1.2 RFC constructs. I don't think
it's viable to use a checker, then go back in and
twiddle the drawing, export the SVG, check it again,
and repeat until done. I think this problem would
be the same with any drawing tool.

I have no idea whether the attached is valid, for example.

So I think we'd need some noble soul to take one of
the open source tools and subset it for SVG 1.2 RFC.

    Brian