Re: [rmcat] rmcat minutes

Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch> Wed, 01 April 2015 17:40 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:40:35 -0700
To: Varun Singh <vsingh.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: "Karen E. Egede Nielsen" <karen.nielsen@tieto.com>, "rmcat WG (rmcat@ietf.org)" <rmcat@ietf.org>, Zaheduzzaman Sarker <zaheduzzaman.sarker@ericsson.com>, "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <mzanaty@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [rmcat] rmcat minutes

I believe we all think that the framework document will be useful. That’s the reason that we are doing it. However as this is right now only a believe, there is still the option that we change our mind and in this case simply don’t have to follow-on on this document. All I say it’s still open and we can decided freely as soon as we know what to do for sure.

The reason why we are have separate documents is that these documents are (currently) for different audiences. With the two interaction docs I would like to go outside of the wg and get feedback, while the framework is for an internal discussion basis for us.

As long as all documents we produce are in scope of the charter, we are free to do so without having a milestone. For a milestone however we are demanded to address it (by one or more documents). If we decided to not deliver something that is described in a milestone, we probably have to recharter. However, if we deliver more than in the milestone (within the scope if the charter), that's no problem and no changes are required.

Mirja