SigComp Requirements (was Re: [rohc] RE: Default decompression algorithms)

"Miguel A. Garcia" <Miguel.A.Garcia@ericsson.com> Wed, 27 February 2002 12:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:38:49 +0200
From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <Miguel.A.Garcia@ericsson.com>
To: "Dr. Carsten Bormann" <cabo@tzi.org>
CC: zhigang.c.liu@nokia.com, rohc@ietf.org
Subject: SigComp Requirements (was Re: [rohc] RE: Default decompression algorithms)
Sender: rohc-admin@ietf.org

Hi Carsten:

I changed the subject of the discussion, just to focus in this e-mail on
requirements.

A group of individuals collected the 3GPP requirements related to SIP and
write them down in an Internet Draft,

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sipping-3gpp-reqs-02.txt

Version -03 is on its way and will be submitted before the deadline to MN.

I will encourage to read the actual section 6.5 in that document. There are
several requirements affecting compression.

I will also recommend to read requirements 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. Although these
are general requirements, they are applicable to all the rest of the
requirements and possible solutions.

/Miguel

--
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland