[Roll] ID Tracker State Update Notice: <draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-07.txt>

IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat-reply@ietf.org> Wed, 04 March 2015 21:41 UTC

To: roll-chairs@ietf.org, roll@ietf.org, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building.ad@ietf.org, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building@ietf.org, yvonneanne.pignolet@gmail.com, draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building.shepherd@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 13:41:01 -0800
From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat-reply@ietf.org>
Subject: [Roll] ID Tracker State Update Notice: <draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-07.txt>

IESG state changed to AD Evaluation::Revised I-D Needed from AD Evaluation
AD review
=====

Thanks for this really nice document. I found it an easy read.

I have done my usual AD review to catch issues before IETF last call and
IESG evaluation.

I only have a handful of small issues, but I think it would be worth
resolving them with a new revision before we go to last call. I have
marked the datatracker to show "Revised I-D needed" and I'll wait to
see you post a new version.

Thanks for the work,
Adrian

===

The chairs and I have discussed moving this document onto the Standards
Track in accordance with the description of an Applicability Statement in
Section 32 of RFC 2026. The only thing you need to do is update the
"Intended status" to say "Proposed Standard".

The Shepherd will also need to update the write-up and flip the field in
the datatracker.

---

In 1.1. you have

   The ROLL working group has specified a set of routing protocols for
   Lossy and Low- resource Networks (LLN) [RFC6550]

Yet 6550 defines

   Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)

---

Section 1.2 seems to only be necessary for a use of "MUST" in section
7. I am comfortable with you having used normal case ("must", "should",
"recommended") in the text. Could Section 7 also drop this to "must"
and then you could remove Section 1.2?

---

2.2.7 mentions AODV without expanding the abbreviation and without a
reference.

---

A few abbreviations need to be expanded on first use:
DIO
DAG
MPL
DAO
RA
ULA
DODAG
ETX

---

4.1.7 has...

   Repetition of the message can be inhibited by a small
   value of k.

I think this is lacking a little context. What is k?

---

Please mark Section 11 "To be deleted by the RFC Editor before
publication."
ID Tracker URL: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building/