Re: [Roll] FW: Status of ROLL RPL related drafts in 6man (please note point on trickle multicast draft)

David Culler <culler@cs.berkeley.edu> Thu, 07 April 2011 16:22 UTC

From: David Culler <culler@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 09:23:08 -0700
To: d.sturek@att.net, Philip Levis <pal@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: roll@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Roll] FW: Status of ROLL RPL related drafts in 6man (please note point on trickle multicast draft)

I am in support of considering this draft and would like to hear WG comments.

One note - the trickle work is partly rooted in the work on scalable reliable multicast (SRM), with the additional influence of wireless communication.  It would be good to see the informational references touch on some of the related use of suppression techniques in the specific context of multicast.