Re: [Roll] Adoption draft-goyal-roll-p2p-measurement-01 as aROLL WG document

"Anders Brandt" <abr@sdesigns.dk> Wed, 13 April 2011 14:04 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:04:01 +0200
From: Anders Brandt <abr@sdesigns.dk>
To: Mukul Goyal <mukul@uwm.edu>, Philip Levis <pal@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: ROLL WG <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] Adoption draft-goyal-roll-p2p-measurement-01 as aROLL WG document

And then there is the option in most cost optimized environments that
one is happy with the P2P discovered routes as long as they are not
causing many retransmissions and the round-trip delay is acceptable.
The measurement mechanism is a useful optimization tool, but not
necessary for making P2P implementations work on a basic level.
Thus, they should be in separate docs.

Cheers,
  Anders