Re: [Roll] FW: New I-D on composite routing metrics

Mischa Dohler <mischa.dohler@cttc.es> Thu, 29 September 2011 08:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:22:53 +0200
From: Mischa Dohler <mischa.dohler@cttc.es>
To: roll@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Roll] FW: New I-D on composite routing metrics

Hi Panos and Theodore,

I have gone through your updated draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zahariadis-roll-metrics-composition-01.
It reads much better now and seems to have addressed the worries issued
by Cedric and Pascal before.

I personally fully second your findings on the need for composite
routing metrics, facilitating in a sense some QoS framework over LLNs. I
also like that you corroborate this by some theoretical framework on
routing algebra (something coming a little too short in this WG so far).

I would welcome however that you stated more clearly in the introduction
that prior ROLL documents, notably
- "draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of",
- "draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics" and
- "draft-ietf-rollof0"
define objective functions composed of one metric, but that the recently
issued
-"draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami-03"
clearly states the need for using more than one to get practical
deployments viably going.

It would be great if you could attend an upcoming IETF meeting to make a
case for your draft which I am sure the entire WG would greatly profit from.

Thanks and kind regards,
Mischa.

Dr Mischa Dohler

Head of [IQe], CTTC, Barcelona
www.cttc.es/home/mdohler

CTO Worldsensing, Barcelona
www.worldsensing.com

[Roll] ÎÏÎÏ: Re: FW: New I-D on composite routing metrics