Re: [RRG] GSE?

Lixia Zhang <lixia@CS.UCLA.EDU> Fri, 13 June 2008 04:49 UTC

Cc: Routing Research Group <rrg@psg.com>
From: Lixia Zhang <lixia@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To: Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [RRG] GSE?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:49:56 -0700

On Jun 11, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Xu Xiaohu wrote:

> Hi Tony and Lixia,
>
> How about launching the review and discussion on the listed issues
> of GSE in
> draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-05 one by one, so as to see whether
> some of
> them are still big issues from current point of view and to find
> something
> we can do now to fix these issues?

since my name was called, here is a personal view on this thread:

- our goal is to gain a shared understanding of the design space.

- I believe that the suggestion of reading GSE was meant to show
   one piece of that design space.

- this is not the right moment to discuss the specifics of the
   above mentioned draft.

- whoever is interested: I wrote a short overview article for
   IETF journal two years ago (kind of a preparation for the
   IAB workshop),
     "An Overview of Multihoming and Open Issues in GSE"
   http://www.isoc.org/tools/blogs/ietfjournal/?p=98#more-98

Lixia