RE: [RSN] Update

"dculler" <dculler@archrock.com> Mon, 04 June 2007 15:37 UTC

From: dculler <dculler@archrock.com>
To: 'Mark Townsley' <townsley@cisco.com>, "'Timothy J. Salo'" <salo@saloits.com>
Subject: RE: [RSN] Update
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:36:46 -0700
Cc: rsn@ietf.org, 6lowpan@ietf.org

I think the simplification to "Routing Issues for Low Power Wireless
Networks" is very good.  It defines the scope implicitly in a number of
useful ways.
* There are a whole class of these devices where no routing is involved
(game controllers, remote controls, wireless keyboard and mouse, ear
pieces).
* It includes portions of sensor networks, embedded networks, automation,
but it not specifically limited to that.
* It includes 802.15.4 and links in a similar class.
* The technical challenges (loss, variation, multihop) are implied.
* It allows for both light footprint (microcontroller) and more capable
hosts.

So now we just need to tweak it to get a good acronym, since RILPWM doesn't
exactly role off the tongue.