Re: [rtcweb] Adopting draft-muthu-behave-consent-freshness?

"Mishra, Sanjay" <sanjay.mishra@verizon.com> Wed, 11 September 2013 12:53 UTC

From: "Mishra, Sanjay" <sanjay.mishra@verizon.com>
To: "Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal (mperumal)" <mperumal@cisco.com>, "Dan Wing (dwing)" <dwing@cisco.com>, "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <rmohanr@cisco.com>, "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <tireddy@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:53:03 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Adopting draft-muthu-behave-consent-freshness?

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:51 PM Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal <mperumal@cisco.com> wrote:
>The "why" part is mentioned in the first paragraph of the abstract:
>  Verification of peer consent before sending traffic is necessary in
>  WebRTC deployments to ensure that a malicious JavaScript cannot use
>  the browser as a platform for launching attacks.

> Are you suggesting expanding this? The abstract needs to be concise, however.

I agree the first paragraph states the premise and that is good, however, the second paragraph which lays out the purpose of this document, and since the purpose is both how and why, the second paragraph could state something like this:

"This document describes both how and why a webRTC browser can and must verify peer consent to continue sending traffic and detect connection failure."

Thanks
Sanjay

|In the abstract, second paragraph, the text states "how" a WebRTC
|browser can verify peer consent and as I read through the rest of the
|document I also understood "why" this is needed. So, just a knit pick,
|it may be clear to the reader if the statement also includes why within
|the body of the Abstract.

The "why" part is mentioned in the first paragraph of the abstract:
   Verification of peer consent before sending traffic is necessary in
   WebRTC deployments to ensure that a malicious JavaScript cannot use
   the browser as a platform for launching attacks.

Are you suggesting expanding this? The abstract needs to be concise, however.

|One minor typo in section 7. Please change "in-intended" to "un-intended".

Will fix it.

Thanks for the review..

Muthu