Re: [rtcweb] What the gateway draft should say about mux/non-mux

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com> Thu, 06 August 2015 13:30 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com>
To: tim panton <tim@phonefromhere.com>, "Asveren, Tolga" <tasveren@sonusnet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:30:25 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Cc: "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] What the gateway draft should say about mux/non-mux

+1 to what Tim said.

I don’t think this discussion is really about gateways at all it is surely about whether WebRTC browsers have to support non-mux and I don’t really see any good reason why they need to.

If we had thought about this at the time we mandated DTLS-SRTP then we would have mandated rtp-mux at the same time but unfortunately we didn’t but we can fix that now.

Andy