Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption of Architecture and Overview of RTCWEB document

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Wed, 22 June 2011 07:15 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:14:53 +0200
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: Likepeng <likepeng@huawei.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption of Architecture and Overview of RTCWEB document

On 2011-06-22 05:49, Likepeng wrote:
> I am fine with the proposal, but should the overview draft be
> informational, instead of standard track?

I think that is an open question. It depends on how this document is
written. If it in fact mandates which functionality block that must be
implemented it is a standards track. If it becomes written in a more
informal way it could be informational. The milestone says:

Sep 2011 Architecture and Security, Privacy, and Threat Model
document(s) to IESG as Informational

Milestones can be changed if the WG feels it has a preference for a
standards track document. From my perspective, this is a question we can
delay.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
WG chair

> Thanks, Kind Regards Kepeng -----Original Message----- From:
> rtcweb-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:rtcweb-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
> Stephan Wenger Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:10 AM To: Magnus
> Westerlund; rtcweb@ietf.org Subject: Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption of
> Architecture and Overview of RTCWEB document
>
> Magnus' proposal of picking Harald's draft is fine with me. Stephan
>
> On 6.21.2011 08:22 , "Magnus Westerlund"
> <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
>> WG,
>>
>> We would like to adopt a document that describes the RTCWEB
>> architecture and provides an overview to the functionality that
>> will be specified in various documents targeted to specific pieces
>> of the functionalities we need for a complete solution.
>>
>> There has been several documents that describes architecture,
>> frame works or overviews. None of them are complete when it comes
>> to covering the different aspects. The documents are:
>>
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-overview/
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenberg-rtcweb-framework/
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-rtcweb-api/
>>
>> The WG chairs' proposal is that we adopt one document and then add
>> in aspects that are needed from the other documents. In the process
>> putting together an good editor team for the WG document from the
>> persons that has contributed so far and want to continue.
>>
>> The WG chairs propose that that the WG adopts:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-overview/
>> as a WG item to form the core of an Architecture and Overview
>> document.
>>
>> WG participants please provide either support for adoption or
>> provide feedback on any issues you see with this approach.
>>
>> Please provide your view no later than Tuesday the 28th at 17.00
>> CEST.
>>
>> Magnus Westerlund WG Chair

>> Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079 SE-164 80
>> Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com

Magnus Westerlund

SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com