Re: [rtcweb] RTCWEB and emergency services

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Mon, 26 September 2011 09:46 UTC

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:48:56 +0200
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] RTCWEB and emergency services

Bernard,
one more architecture-level question:

is it appropriate to address requirements on the equipment surrounding
the browser in addition to those on the browser and JS running within
the browser?

For instance, if traffic prioritization is required for proper
operation, the CPE and intervening NAT boxes will have to offer
functionality for (properly authorized ... aurgh) access to traffic
prioritization functions.