Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-yang-06.txt

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Wed, 05 July 2017 16:11 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 12:21:03 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-yang-06.txt

Thanks authors for the edits on the BFD yang module.  This gets us a
significant step closer to alignment with the rest of IETF for network
instancing.

I'd like to encourage the working group to provide feedback on this issue
and also the changes in the module.

As noted in another thread, we still have to figure out how to deal with
accommodating interaction of the BFD yang module with client protocols.  For
example, the IGPs.  In particular, how do you configure the properties of
the BFD sessions that may be dynamically instantiated based on control
protocol activity?

-- Jeff