Re: Fwd: AD review of: draft-ietf-tewg-interas-mpls-te-req-06.txt

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.se> Wed, 12 May 2004 22:19 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:42:25 +0200
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.se>
To: Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>
Cc: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, rtg-dir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: AD review of: draft-ietf-tewg-interas-mpls-te-req-06.txt
Sender: rtg-dir-admin@ietf.org

Alex,

the review included.

----------------- start review comments ----------------------

Summary
=======
Although one find lots of nits when reviewing, and alos
some more substantial things that nees to be addressed,
see "Not so nitty comments", especially I think that we
need to discuss the ue of normative references and the
text in the security section - this is a much needed document.

The scope and scenarions are right, what is needed is quite
a bit of cleaning up.

General
=======

One thing I would like to see the requirment stated more
stringent in a separate paragraph, and the discusion supporting
this requirement in another paragraph.

E.g.

Requirment

The box SHOULD be painted blue and have a footprint of no
less than 10 x 40 cm and not larger than 20 + 60 cm.

Discussion

There are several reasons for this .....

Execusted in such a way the requirment becomes clearly
verifiable (measureable), while the discussion contributes
to understanding why the requirment looks like is does. Now
those two elements are mixed and it is hard to decide what is
what.

Not so nitty comments