[scale] Welcome to the MPLS VPN Scaling BoF preparation work

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Thu, 28 November 2013 02:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:53:32 +0800
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: scale@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, Vero Zheng <vero.zheng@huawei.com>
Subject: [scale] Welcome to the MPLS VPN Scaling BoF preparation work

Folks,

This mail is to kick of the work to prepare the BoF in London.

We don't yet have the formal approval of the BoF, but hope that is only
a matter or time.

We're resending the slightly updated slides we presented in Vancouver.
Mostly I marked the ID's where someone said something along the line
"is this really about scaling".
If we will continue to work on these slides they they will need a
make-over, included here for information.

I've updated slide 2 mentioning number of pairwise associations and
the management and configuration aspects.

We will need to converge on a problem statement, a tentative starting
point would be slide 2. We will need to help to create the problem
statement.

We suggest the following procedure - anyone that has text to describe
the problem send this text to the mailing list for discussion, as the
text stabilizes will find a web server where we can place it. Vero will
do the editing job. As we are getting closer to the London meeting we
might chose to publish the problem statement.

The slides also have an outline of the BoF agenda, we are planing on
three topics/discussions with the first being the problem statement. The
format will be that we have an introduction by a discussion leader on a
subject that we agree on.  We'd also like input on these sent to the
list, or published as a draft.  The time for each discussion will be
approximately 30 min, split equally between introduction and discussion.

/Loa and Lou

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@mail01.huawei.com
Senior MPLS Expert                          loa@pi.nu