Re: [Seamoby] DoCoMo Implementation Issues with CTP

Rajeev Koodli <rajeev@iprg.nokia.com> Thu, 19 February 2004 01:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:46:46 -0800
From: Rajeev Koodli <rajeev@iprg.nokia.com>
To: James Kempf <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com>
CC: seamoby@ietf.org, Raghu Dendukuri <dendukuri@docomolabs-usa.com>
Subject: Re: [Seamoby] DoCoMo Implementation Issues with CTP
Sender: seamoby-admin@ietf.org

Jim,

the suggested changes are okay. I am curious about couple
of suggestions however..

- When both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are used in CTD,
 "Processing the address of the opposite
version in the stack is complicated. " Could you elaborate on
this ? I can see that once IP (v4 or v6) stack demultiplexes the
packet to belong to a CTP client, it would just forward the block
to a CTP module (a daemon for instance), which could then
process contexts associated with both the addresses.

- Isn't MTU a consideration in increasing the size of the
    Length field to 16 bits ?

Thanks,

-Rajeev