Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dime-priority-avps-04

"David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Wed, 03 August 2011 20:45 UTC

From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: carlberg@g11.org.uk, 'Stephen Hanna' <shanna@juniper.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:45:24 -0400
Cc: lionel.morand@orange-ftgroup.com, draft-ietf-dime-priority-avps.all@tools.ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dime-priority-avps-04

Hi,

Documents containing MIB modules must include a discussion of the
sensitivity of the tables/objects in the MIB module. This includes the
possible impact to the managed technologies that could be caused by an
unauthorized or misguided change to a configuration, for example.
Certainly the potential impact of using MIB objects to change the
relative priority of a managed technology's sessions would need to be
included in the read-write security considerations of the MIB module.
See https://svn.tools.ietf.org/area/ops/trac/wiki/mib-security

Using AVPs in Diameter to affect a similar change to the relative
priority of a managed technology's sessions warrants a similar
consideration of the sensitivity of the specific AVPs.

David Harrington
Director, IETF Transport Area
Member of SECDIR, OPSDIR, and MIB Doctors directorates
ietfdbh@comcast.net (preferred for ietf)
dbharrington@huaweisymantec.com
+1 603 828 1401 (cell)