[secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-04

Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net> Tue, 09 October 2012 12:56 UTC

From: Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net>
To: "draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis.all@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 08:53:05 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-04

ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes the IANA Considerations for parameters related
to the Domain Name System (DNS). It obsoletes RFC 6195, which
performed essentially the same job. The document is well written and
ready with nits (a few typos listed below). The Security Considerations
section points out that this document relates to IANA Considerations
and refers the reader to DNSSEC documents for more information on
security issues related to DNS. This is a reasonable approach.

The only nit that I saw was that in section 1.2 (Acknowledgement)
"Alfred Hoenes contributions" should have an apostrophe after the
name "Alfred Hoenes" since this is a possessive. You're referring
to Mr. Hoenes' contributions. At least, that's how I interpret it.
You might also want to change the section title to be plural since
you include four names in the Acknowledgement section.