Re: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount-10

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Tue, 07 August 2018 08:56 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 10:56:40 +0200
To: shawn.emery@gmail.com
Cc: lhotka@nic.cz, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount.all@tools.ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount-10

Hi Shawn,

As mentioned, this text comes from the YANG security template
(https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-security-guidelines) that
has been approved by the security ADs.

[This doesn't mean that the text can't be changed, but if it needs to
be changed, the template should be changed (after being approved by
the ADs).]

But I brought this up in the WG, and a comment was made that *if* this
change is made, we also need to change not just this sentence, but
also the rest of the template; these are written as a list of data
nodes/subtrees and their corresponding sensitivity/vulnerability. So,
if the change is accepted, new drafts would need to be written as a
list of sensitivities/vulnerabilities with the data nodes and subtrees
to which they apply.

So I suggest we keep the current text in this document.

/martin