Re: [secdir] EU Cyber Security Strategy.

"Moriarty, Kathleen" <kathleen.moriarty@emc.com> Wed, 30 January 2013 22:03 UTC

From: "Moriarty, Kathleen" <kathleen.moriarty@emc.com>
To: Olaf Kolkman <olaf@NLnetLabs.nl>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:03:10 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: IAB IAB <iab@iab.org>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@nsn.com>
Subject: Re: [secdir] EU Cyber Security Strategy.

Thank you for sending out the information.  The IETF working group called Managed incident Lightweight Exchange (MILE) has standards that can be used and referenced in this space.  We are just about to begin work on revising RFC5070 to update the data model to meet current use cases.  It would be great to have their input to ensure their use cases are met as a number of vendors are interested in using international standards to enable information sharing.

If they need to reference ISO or ITU-T standards, there are actually ITU-T Recommendations that point to several of the key RFCs:
x.1540  is reference to RFC5070
x.1580 is a reference to RFC6545
x.1581 is a reference to  RFC6546

I am involved in several efforts using the standards and am happy to help with more information or connection points that are possible now or in the future.

Best regards,
Kathleen